Welcome to the Somerset Berkley Regional High School Music Department Website!
Congratulations to the SBRHS “Blue Raider” Marching Band for winning the 1st Place Division 1A
Total Score: 94.400
National Caption Award for Best Overall Effect and Best Color Guard in Division 1A
The Somerset Berkley Regional High School “Blue Raider” Marching Band ended the fall competitive marching band season by participating in the 2018 USBands Division 1A National Championships on Saturday, November 3, 2018 at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown, PA. In competition, they presented their 2018 competition field show entitled “FLIGHT”. For their performance, the band received their highest score of the season with a 94.400. With this phenomenal performance, they also won the Division 1A National Captions Awards for Best Overall Effect and Best Color Guard. Their score earned them a 1st place finish and the title of 2018 USBANDS DIVISION 1A NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, completing the band’s very first, undefeated USBands season! The band also won the 2018 USBands Division 1A Massachusetts State and New England Regional Championship earlier in the week. This marks the second time the band has won the USBands Division 1A National Championship as they won the title for the first time in 2015.
The 2018-2019 Somerset Berkley Regional High School “Blue Raider” Marching Band is led by Drum Majors Bailey Collins & Madison Pierce, Color Guard Captain Abigail Botelho, Battery Percussion Captain Nina Almeida, Front Ensemble Percussion Captains Abigail Collins & Erin Murphy, and Horn Sergeant David Rausch. This year’s field show is entitled “FLIGHT” with music arranged by our Band Director, David M. Marshall with percussion arrangements by Brandon Carrita. It is presented in four movements “The Dream and The Flyer”, “Take Off”, “Gliding”, and “Into Space” with musical selections including “Flight” by John Fannin, “Into The Clouds” by Richard Saucedo, “Take Off” by Brandon Carrita, “Let The Spirit Soar” by James Swearingen, and “Transcendent Journey” by Rossano Galante.
Blue Raider Musicians and their parents use the BAND App to stay informed!!!
The SBRHS “Blue Raider” Marching Band has been featured in these promotional videos by the BAND App. We are very proud to represent this valuable communication app that has made our ability to disseminate information so much easier.
BAND App. The SBRHS Music Department will continue to use the BAND app to disseminate all information quicker and more efficiently to you! Documents, calendars, weekly announcements, and up-to-date information will be available now in this one application rather than checking weekly emails or paper documents. The BAND App is completely free to use! You can download the BAND App on your iPhone, Android devise, or access it on your computer by going to band.us. I suggest that you set it up on a computer first and then download the app once you have an account established. The names of our BAND groups are listed above. Everyone should be part of the Friends of Music BAND app group as weekly announcements for the department will be posted there. The additional groups are ensemble specific groups set up by the ensemble directors: Below are the invite codes for each group:
Friends of Music – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a4afXfj5lbO5s
2018-2019 SBRHS “Blue Raider” Marching Band – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a9a7Xcj5l4S91
SBRHS Show Choir – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a6a4X9j6lfT35
SBRHS Show Choir Pit Band – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a8afX1jeleTce
SBRHS Jazz Band – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a0adXfjcl7T4i
SBRHS Winter Marching Arts Ensembles – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a4a2Xdj7l0T7s
SBRHS Winter Hornline – invitation located at https://band.us/n/aca1Xejbl4U7d
SBRHS Marching Arts Homeshow (Fall & Winter) – invitation located at https://band.us/n/a7a0X0jal7U1N
SBRHS Chamber Ensemble – https://band.us/@sbrhschamberensemble
Visit sbrhsmusic.ticketleap.com to purchase tickets now for the best seats!
We are pleased to announce that tickets for the 2018 SBRHS Drama Department Spring Musical Production of “MISS SAIGON: SCHOOL EDITION” are officially on-sale now! Performances will take place in the SBRHS Performing Arts Center on Friday, May 11th at 7:00 p.m., Saturday, May 12th at 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and on Sunday, May 13th at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 for Adults and $12 for Students, Children and Senior Citizens. Here are the ways to order:
1. Online though TicketLeap.com – visit sbrhsmusic.ticketleap.com and follow the instructions:
A. Select the performance that you wish to purchase tickets for (Friday Night, Saturday Matinee, Saturday Night, Sunday Matinee)
B. Select either a section (Orchestra Center, Orchestra Left, Orchestra Right, Mezzanine Center, Mezzanine Right, Mezzanine Left) under “Find Best Seats Available” or “Choose Your Own Seats” from the Somerset Berkley Regional High School Performing Arts Center Seating Chart (only available on computers; not on mobile devices or tablets)
C. Select the quantity of each type of ticket that you are ordering (Adult = $15 + $1.75 fee, Students = $12 + $1.60 fee, Children = $12 + $1.60 fee, Senior Citizens = $12 + $1.60 fee)
D. Select Checkout, Fill out your information, and follow payment procedures
E. Upon Checkout Completion, be sure to visit the link in the email sent to you, print your tickets, and be sure to bring them with you to the show (selfie-ticket option on mobile devices are also acceptable)
F. ENJOY THE SHOW!!!
2. SBRHS Student Dining Hall Ticket Sales and Reservations during all three lunches
Tickets will be on sale during all three lunches in the SBRHS Student Dining Hall starting on Monday, April 30, 2018 and through to Friday, May 11, 2018.
3. Visit the SBRHS Performing Center Box Office starting 2 hours before each performance and throughout each performance
2018 Spring Musical PLAYBILL
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND PURCHASE EITHER A BUSINESS AD, SUPPORT AD, OR “GOOD LUCK” MESSAGE IN OUR PROGRAM BOOK!!!
We are printing our program book for the production to help defray the costs of these performances. We are currently asking for your help in purchasing an advertisement in this year’s program! There are 4 different ads that can be purchased.
ALL ADS MUST BE ORDERED BY FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. IN ORDER TO GET INTO THE PROGRAM BOOK!!!
Full Page Ad (Business or Personal) for $100 each
1/2 Page Ad (Business or Personal) for $75 each
1/4 Page Ad (Business or Personal) for $50 each
Friends or Family “One Liner Messages” (Personal) for $10 each
Information regarding purchasing an advertisement and instructions on what types of photo, logo and/or image files can be included are outlined in the document linked below.
Thank you in advance for considering supporting our young performers. All proceeds go to support the Drama Department.
At the show, purchase one of our Backstage Kisses for sale $5 each
send a “Good Luck Message” and some Hersey’s Kisses to a member of the cast and crew
SBRHS Music Department Introductory Meeting Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
ALL STUDENTS ENROLLED IN SBRHS MUSIC DEPARTMENT ENSEMBLES AND THEIR PARENTS MUST COMPLETE THE CONTACT INFORMATION GOOGLE FORM BY THE HIGH SCHOOL MUSIC DEPARTMENT INTRO MEETING THAT WILL TAKE PLACE ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29 @ 6:30 p.m. IN THE SBRHS PERFORMING ARTS CENTER.
- All Concert Attire Uniform Order Forms must be submitted with payment by Friday, September 14, 2018.
- Checks payable to “Somerset Friends of Music” and write CONCERT UNIFORM and STUDENT NAME in the memo. Please include your phone number on all checks.
2018-2019 Music Department Documents
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Performing Arts Calendar – UPDATED October 23, 2018
2018-2019 Student Contact Information Form for All Performing Musicians for All Performing Musicians (Due ASAP)
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Music Department Band Handbook (Handbook Agreement due to Mr. Marshall by Friday, 9/14/18 in S-Block) Failure to do so will have an effect on your participation grade in class.
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Concert Attire Uniform Order Form (Due to Mr. Marshall, Mr. Bianco, or Mrs. Isidoro by Friday, 9/14/18.) If we do not receive them by that date, you will have to order them on your own and pay for the additional shipping cost! YOU MUST HAVE THIS UNIFORM TO PERFORM WITH ANY OF OUR IN-SCHOOL MUSIC ENSEMBLES.
- A SBRHS CORI Request Form must be filled out and submitted with a readable copy of your driver’s license in order to volunteer or chaperone at any school sanctioned event. These forms can be obtained from Mr. Marshall and should be submitted back to him prior to volunteering or chaperoning. This must be done every year.
2018-2019 Marching Band Documents
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Calendar – UPDATED September 18, 2018
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Student and Parent Handbook
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Student Committment Letter
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Bus Permission Slip
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Health Form
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Student Uniform Cleaning and Apparel Order Form
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Pit Crew-Prop and Chaperone Request
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Excused Absence Form
- 2018-2019 SBRHS Marching Band Instrument – Equipment Loan Form
- 2018 SBRHS Marching Band Allentown Trip Contract, Payment Schedule-Payment Slips, and Intent Form
It’s the 45th Anniversary of Musictown!!!
Here is the list of events for this year’s Alumni Musictown Festival:
- Musictown Alumni Rehearsal for Marching Band and Show Choirs – MONDAY, OCTOBER 8
- Times are TBA – Due to the visual components of the performances for these ensembles, this rehearsal is necessary to coordinate the performance prior to the day of performances.
- Musictown Ball – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11
- 6:30 pm at Venus de Milo. Performers for the event include Electrify and Amplified Show Choirs, String Ensemble and the Marching Band. The King and Queen of the Festival will be crowned. SFOM will be selling tickets – don’t wait until the last minute to get your tickets!
- Musictown Kiddies Day – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at SBRHS Field and Student Dining Center. Children from throughout the community get to learn about marching band and march with the SBRHS “Blue Raider” Marching Band. Special children’s activities will be planned following a performance by the SBRHS Marching Band.
- Musictown Pops Night – TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Rehearsals
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. – SBRHS Performing Arts Center. This concert includes the Jazz Band, as well as the “Electrify” and “Amplified” Show Choirs.
- Musictown Concert Night – THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Rehearsals
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. – SBRHS Performing Arts Center. This concert includes the Concert Band, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Orchestra, String Ensemble, Concert Choir and Chorale.
- Musictown Grand Day and USBands Field Show – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20
- Parade will begin at approximately 12:30 pm
- USBands Show will begin at 5:00 pm
IF YOU ARE ALUMNI AND WISH TO PERFORM AT POP’S NIGHT, CONCERT NIGHT, OR GRAND DAY, PLEASE USE THE GOOGLE FORM BELOW TO REGISTER!
2017-2018 SBRHS Winter Marching Arts Ensembles’ Documents